White Way Opening, 1916

On July 4th, 1916, Paragould celebrated the switching on of its new 76 street lights creating the "White Way". The photo is of the 100 west block of Main, what we now know as Percy's is shown on the far right. Percy's and the adjacent storefront are two of our oldest buildings in the One and Only.